Making an Environmental Complaint

It may be possible to resolve an environmental issue by directly contacting the person or business that you think is causing the problem.  Decide beforehand what outcome you would like to see. Then contact them and outline the issue that needs to be resolved, how you would like to see it resolved, and see if you can agree a timescale for this to be achieved.

When to contact your local authority 

If you wish to report a environmental incident or pollution, contact your Local Authority as follows:

Local Authority contact numbers
 image of a telephone

National Environmental Complaints Line (NECL) 1850 365 121 

See It? Say It! phone app  Download from the ITunes App Store Download from the Google Play store

When to contact the EPA

If you’ve been dealing with an EPA licensed site and the problem has not been resolved then you should contact the EPA.   For a full list of sites/activities licenced by the EPA please use our licence search function.

The EPA will review the local authority's performance and help you where possible.  Please note that the EPA will not become involved until the relevant local authority has first been given an opportunity to investigate your complaint.

 image of a telephone Contact the EPA Office 053-916 0600
 map of wold for contacting us on line

Complete the Online Complaint Form

 image for email
 image of letter Environmental Protection Agency
P.O. Box 3000
Johnstown Castle Estate
County Wexford 
Y35 W821